Thursday, May 26, 2011

Vet and Riding

Even more is happening now!
These last weeks here are blowing by like crazy! I have not had many classes so I have mostly been working at the stables with the horses, and when I'm not there I spend time at the vet clinics!

Most recently I have been working with Tigris and a new 3 year old named Helix. Tigris is almost ready to go out to the field for the summer, which is a great thing considering how we started. We have done canter on both reins and ridden outside. It's great riding him now because he is not tense at all in his body, just unfocused at times, which is totally understandable for a 3 year old. He is injured himself actually, yesterday, so he is lame at the moment and we hope to sit on him one more time before letting him onto the field for the summer
We started with Helix last week. He was started in the fall but twisted his leg strangely when he moved and ended up injuring himself so he has been off. He is super cute and willing to do anything, the opposite of Tigris. I have been on him 3 times and we are already trotting off the lunge line, something that took weeks to do with Tigris (once we finally got on). I'll have pictures soon.
I also have been working with Linda quite a bit, feeling great about my riding! I've been doing a lot more riding and getting more instruction from Linda and Hans and really feeling great about riding. I got my marks from my classes: MVG in riding and unghäst! MVG is the top mark you can get! =D

Other than that I have had a few parties, which is nice. I had vårfest on Saturday, a party for not just Bollerup students. It was nice to meet people from other
The picture above it what I wore to the party

Next was the lärarmiddag (teachers dinner) last night. It was a dress up party, unfortunately I found that out a little late so I didn't really have a costume. Here are a couple photos of those crazy swedes:
 
We've got Pippi                                          And me with two girls dressed as boys
          .                                                       Can't quite remember what the story was
And me with a troll
It's all been fun a games here!

I've also done some time at the vet clinic here. I was at the small animal clinic last weekend, checking out a milk tooth pulling on a young dog as well as looking at x-rays on an older dog that is having trouble peeing. I've now done 6 days in the horse clinic and still loving it. Last time I was there I realized that my stomach is a little weaker than I thought when we had to cut off extra skin from a wound on the horses leg. Much more blood than I'm used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment