Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sportlov

It has been quite a while since my last post.
I have been away from Bollerup for 2 weeks, and before that it was all the same things here.

Week 1 away from Bollerup:
I had one week off from school for what we call sportlov. During this time I visited friends in two countries! I spent my first few days away from Bollerup in Berlin with an old family friend. It was really fun. I did a free walking tour my last day there because Tehya and her boyfriend were both working. It was a lot of fun and reviewing Berlin history was interesting.
    
                            Me at Brandenburger Tor                     Holocaust Memorial
                                        Fernseturm (TV Tower)                   Reichstag
My time in Berlin was made slightly more stressful as my phone does not seem to work outside of Sweden at this point. I had a great time walking around Berlin with Tehya and Cole. On the Sunday I was there Tehya and I went to Mauer Park Market where I bought a cute necklace and a nice scarf which I made good use of in the cold weather. As you can see from the photos it was super nice weather, which in winter also meant that it was super cold. It was almost like being back in Vancouver with all the different foods from different countries; mexican, indian, thai, and much coffee from Starbucks. Next I was off to Prague!

I was in Prague visiting another friend for a few days. My lack of use of phone was also quite stressful as on a couple occasions we got separated. My train to Prague was a couple hours late and so I missed meeting my friend at the station, and apparently there are no pay phones in train stations anymore. Pay phones have gone into extinction.
My first day in Prague I did two walking tours, also very freezing because there were no clouds to keep in the warmth. The city is really beautiful and I learned a lot! Walking around town on my own was also challenging as the map I bought was not great. The street that my friend, Lisa, lives on was not on the map.
We also spent a couple days outside Prague at her dad's house in Hluboká:
 
As you can see from the last photo, we went riding there as well. The first photo is looking down the street from the castle. The second is the castle and the third is the stables where the horse I was riding lives.
After the few days in The Czech Republic I spent 15 hours on a train to get back to Tomelilla.

Next post will be week 2 away from Bollerup! Enjoy the photos!

2 comments:

  1. your next trip will be to Bath, England to party every night with Liz Self!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the plan! I just need to figure out the dates!!! =D

    ReplyDelete