Friday, November 12, 2010

Back to School

So here I am back at school. This week has been such a blur!
I missed a couple tests by going to Luxembourg a couple days early (which I did inform my teacher and mentor about so don't worry mum!) so this week has been a little busy studying and making sure I went to all my classes and evening activities. I am finding it very difficult to fall asleep before 12 or 1 AM here so I spend much time at night doing my catch up with friends on facebook or skype, and of course studying.
So far this week I have started a few things but I'll do a review of the whole thing. Monday I had my regular biology and chemistry classes and my soccer (fotboll) at night. The change this week is that my soccer is now indoor as it gets dark at 5 PM here and practice starts at 5 30 PM. I very much enjoy having soccer inside because it means that there is more time playing because we go 4 on 4 so everyone needs to be engaged in the play the whole time. I am starting to not be a complete fool when I am playing and am actually beginning to make some smart plays.
Tuesday was my normal waking up at 6 so that I could make my first class, which was stable work. Fun times, mucking out at 7 30 AM. Next came Unghäst. We looked at all the 2 1/2 year olds that we will be working with this year. We brought them in 2 by 2 to watch them running around and then put them back. By the end we had seen all the 2 year olds that are to be broken we had the chance to say which ones we liked and then the instructors told us which ones we would be good on. The instructors thought that two different horses would be good for me but I would have to try them out. Later was riding when we did jumping. Ruzzin is still really stressed out when other horses are going faster then her. The only time when she is calm and I can really ride her is at the very end of the lesson when everyone else was walking. My last class was again working at the barn. We were taking horses in from the fields but as there are 3 different barns to be working at me and 2 other girls went up to the breeding barn. There we brought in the foals and the mares with their foals. An afternoon hour full of cuteness!
Wednesday was pretty boring as I no longer have my swedish lessons, we are trying to fix that. Also I have dropped photography as I am not in the least bit as interested as I thought I would be.
Thursday I had chemistry, and then my vet class. The days are usually not very interesting. The lecturer for my vet class was the small animal clinic vet who is from New Jersey in the USA. It was fun. At night I was supposed to have unghäst again but there were no times left available. Then I had my dance class. I thought it was going to be different but it turns out that it is a partner dance called Buggi. It was really funnily fun. I then was supposed to have Innebandy but it was cancelled so my friends and I went to the gym instead; I did 300 situps, 300 jumps on the rope, 2 minutes of forward plank, 30 seconds each side of side plank and some other core exercises. I am stronger than I thought I was so I am talking to my brother as I type to get more interesting variations on core exercises.
Today, Friday, was supposed to be a more interesting day as well. I was asked to be in a BBC documentary about the swedish school system. A woman from London was supposed to come and film us talking about the school. Unfortunately the film crew got stuck in Stockholm so filming will be delayed until January/February of next year. I then had a test on Biology which as I said before, I had missed due to leaving to Luxembourg early.
I then rode Jamarra and ate dinner. Starting to relax for the weekend.

No pictures today but
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment