Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Coming Up

The weekend wasn't very interesting here.
This week has so far been quite nice.
Yesterday I had biology for only 45 minutes because it was a review class, and my chemistry class was cancelled. The snow is making things very pretty, but is also making classes harder to get to. I then had soccer in the evening. Next week is the last week so we are having a tournament against the teachers. This week all I can say is I wasn't playing worse then I was playing last week.
Today was also good. It started with Unghäst at 7 30 AM. Tigris was much better with the bridle, and with picking out his feet. He was also much better with lunging, we tried side reins today. The other horse that was in the ring with us was having a melt down with the side reins. The other horse, Fresco, was rearing and twisting around so the the lunge line got twisted around his head. I made sure that Tigris kept moving so that he didn't focus on Fresco. We then tried having my weight on his back. We started just making his feet move with me hanging on his back, and worked into doing small circles. We got him moving forward in small circles and then we got me up on his back quickly so that it was almost like we were getting me up on the fly. This worked while Hans was holding me but then Hans let go so that I could hang on Tigris' back. To this he exploded again. It was a smaller explosion than last week, but he still did a little bucking and bolted around a little. We then went back to just having the weight on his back and moving around a little. Right after Unghäst I had Ridning. We did jumping today because we have a jumping test next week. Ruzzin was much more loose and willing to go forward today then she was last week.
A few people didn't come to class today for riding, because of the snow, so I got to ride another horse today as well. In the afternoon I rode a horse named Wera, pronounced Vera. She is a horse that you really just need to sit on and think about yourself which was really nice. I got to really focus on how I was sitting on the horse and my position. The instructors were really happy with my ride on her because I could focus so much on my position and it really improved. I also did the whole ride with no stirrups so I worked a lot on my legs.
After my ride they said that if I ever had time off that I should come and ride some horses because there is almost always a horse that needs to be ridden. I gave them my phone number so that I may be able to ride more often!

More photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment