Wednesday, October 13, 2010

History

Today I had a great day. It was one of those days when you just wake up on the right side of the bed, with the right attitude. I was feeling great about my hair, my body (I had a good work out last night), and my swedish as I have been working really hard on it. I first had a swedish study session where I felt great about my swedish, I had finished all of the work that my teacher had given me. This was impressive as she gave me a ton of work, she does so because this way I have a lot to do but she doesn't expect it all to get done. I also am almost finished my RosettaStone course. I'm on the last unit of the last level. Back to my great day, I had a good swedish study lesson and we are starting to read The Hobbit which I am excited about and she gave me many worksheets for swedish grammar. I mucked out Hera's stall after lunch and then I had photography, and my partner in photography explained more to me what the teacher was talking about (and she did all this in swedish and I actually understood so I was pretty proud of my swedish considering I have been studying it for less then two months). My last class of the day was an evening class, history. For the past few weeks we have been working on presentations on a piece of History, my partner and I chose Mayan Mythology. Today we presented and I felt great about my swedish, it was my first time speaking swedish in front of my class. Many people in the class were surprised at the level that I had (not top swedish, but most of them think that I can't speak any swedish) and I got thumbs up from quite a few of them. My teacher also was really happy with me, that I actually was clear with what I was saying in front of the class. This is the close to my great school day. My evening was also pretty fun, it is a friends birthday tomorrow so another friend of mine baked a cake for her and we sat around having cake and talking and having a good time. I'm starting to feel more like I belong here and I'm not so much the foreign girl.

Enjoy Life.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! I am so proud of you and that you were able to do a presentation in Swedish! Wow, what an accomplishment! I was very impressed with your Swedish when we skyped over the weekend! Come x-mas we will only be speaking Swedish at home! Love you and miss you tons! Mummy

    ReplyDelete