Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just Another Tuesday

I would have updated my blog yesterday, but alas my fatigue got the better of me before I had the chance. Tuesdays are always hard for me as I have to wake up much earlier than any other day of the week and I have classes all day which I am not used to. On this particular Tuesday I started out with my young horse program, Fay was great as usual. We did canter today and I'm very proud of Fay as she was the only horse to not break into trot the whole time we were cantering. There was also a women who came to look at the 3 year olds to buy, and of the four horses there she chose to look more closely at and ride Fay and one other horse. The little mare is also becoming quite the Houdini. 

When you tie up a horse you need to do a quick release know so that you can undo it quickly if there is an emergency, some older horses figure out how to undo it but we have a way of making it more difficult to undo. Fay actually undid my knot twice, she tugs and bits and pulls at it until it comes undone, smart little girl. Right after this I had my riding class, and now I finally have a picture of the horse I ride for my school classes; Ruzzin. 
This week I started to listen much better to the instructor (it also helps that I understand her better) and I am finally feeling like I am riding Ruzzin much better. She is a 6 year old mare who is not used to being a school horse yet. She is also difficult to ride because she is a little scared of the bit and tends to shorten her neck and tighten her back when you take any contact.
The next part of my day was a lesson on hay, or tractors, or how tractors harvest hay. There were a lot of photos of tractors being put up on the screen. What I mistook for föl (foal in swedish) was actually föder, which is feed. 
After I had dinner I spent some time with Fay and then went with a friend to do some join up with her horse, who unfortunately was lame. Finally I had my aerobics class at 7 15 in the evening, concluding my full Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment