Saturday, October 30, 2010

Luxembourg

Hello all,
It has been a couple days since I last posted, I have been busy with travels and before that school. I am in Luxembourg right now staying with a friend from school. So far I have ridden her pony which was an experience on it's own, and done a little shopping. She is this small pony, around 13 hands, who is quite stocky and stubborn. I will have photos soon but I do not have internet on my computer where all my photos are. Today we did  a little shopping in a town called Hamilius. It was a really cute, very European town. I visited a nice old cathedral there as well as looked down into the valley where people actually lived in houses carved out of the rock face (very Lord of the Rings). I bought a couple things like a skirt and a sweater but I am saving my money and shopping as I am still traveling for the rest of the week and I have a limited amount of space in my bag. I am heading off to Antwerp, Belgium on Monday and will be visiting a distant aunt, Aunt Charlotte. I am having fun so far being a tourist with my friend. I get to be a tourist on my own and I am quite enjoying being the only one who is taking photos and being shown around. I will have photos up as soon as I have internet on my computer but the internet is not wireless here and I don't want to make a fuss about plugging into my computer. Tomorrow one of  Ida's, my friend, uncle is coming over so that will be interesting.
When I put photos up I will be able to explain more why the houses are so cool and their significance to Luxembourg but for now you will just have to believe me when I say that it is very interesting here and I am loving how old the architecture and history is here. Europe is full of history and interesting buildings! Loving it here!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment