Saturday, October 2, 2010

Weekends at Bollerup

Weekends here at the school are very quiet, not too many people spend their whole weekend at school. I spent the first couple weekends either in my room or on the couch in the common room.
As I my young horse program has gotten more serious I now muck out one stall every Friday to Sunday, and I time with Fay every day. One stall is not very much but at least it gets me out of my house.

More photos; these are three of the four horses I have going.
Jamara: The horse who hasn't been ridden in a year. She went amazing today, I'm finally realizing how much leg it takes to get her to really use herself and go well!
This is Sidney, my friends horse. He looks more lanky here than he actually is, though he is 180 cm tall (approx. 18 hands) and needs to fill our quite a bit more. He is really fun to ride and works really well, once he muscles up more he will be a fantastic horse!

And again, Fay! The cute little mare whose mane I'm in the midst of pulling her mane. For those who don't know; pulling the mane is thinning it out and shortening it by pulling it out from the roots. This process doesn't hurt horses because they don't have any feeling in their crest (the part of the neck from which the mane grows).

2 comments:

  1. Nice to get an update on your weekends. I really enjoy reading the blog. Keep up the great work! Lots of love and I miss you tons! Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Swedish horses. Bring one home for Christmas :)
    It looks so nice with the straw, halm, instead of shaving but I bet it's harder to muck?
    Take care for now
    Pia

    ReplyDelete